Post-UTME past questions and answers are collections of previous examination questions and their respective solutions, provided to assist candidates preparing for the Post-UTME screening exercise of various tertiary institutions in Nigeria for the 2023/2024 academic session.
Post UTME, which stands for Post Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, is an aptitude test conducted by tertiary institutions in Nigeria as a prerequisite for admission into various undergraduate programs. It is a computer-based examination that evaluates candidates’ knowledge and abilities in subjects relevant to their chosen course of study.
Obtaining and studying past questions and answers have been proven to be an effective method for preparing for the Post-UTME examination, as it helps candidates to familiarize themselves with the type and pattern of questions likely to be asked during the actual exam. This makes it easier for candidates to identify areas they need to focus on in their studies and better prepare for the examination.
In this context, “all schools” refer to various universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education in Nigeria, which conduct Post-UTME screening exercises for their prospective students.
Why Do Schools Write POST UTME?
Tertiary institutions in Nigeria conduct Post-UTME screening exercises as part of their admission process to evaluate candidates’ readiness and suitability for admission into their various undergraduate programs. The examination serves as a means to assess candidates’ academic knowledge, cognitive abilities, and critical thinking skills, which are crucial for success in higher education.
Post-UTME screening helps institutions to select candidates who are likely to perform well academically, contribute positively to the institution’s academic and social environment, and graduate on time. It also helps to ensure that the institution maintains high academic standards and produces graduates with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in their chosen fields.
- CHECK OUT ALSO: How to Study & Pass UNN Post UTME Exam 2023
Furthermore, the Post-UTME screening exercise enables institutions to manage the admission process more effectively by identifying qualified candidates who meet their admission criteria and selecting the best-suited candidates from the pool of applicants. This helps to reduce the number of unqualified candidates who may be admitted based solely on their UTME scores, thereby improving the quality of the institution’s academic output.
Overall, the Post-UTME screening exercise is a crucial component of the admission process in tertiary institutions in Nigeria, as it helps to ensure that only the best-suited candidates are admitted into various undergraduate programs.
Can I get admission without writing post-UTME?
It depends on the specific university or college and its admission requirements. Post UTME is an entrance examination that is conducted by some Nigerian universities and colleges as part of their admission process. However, some universities and colleges may have different admission criteria that don’t require post-UTME.
For instance, some institutions may use the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) scores, O’level results, and other criteria to admit students. Others may require prospective students to have certain certifications, and work experience, or pass an interview before admission.
Therefore, it is important to check the admission requirements of the institution you want to apply to and find out if they require post-UTME or if there are alternative admission criteria.
What is POSTUTME?
The Word POSTUTME stands for Post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination. It is an entrance examination that is conducted by some Nigerian universities and colleges as part of their admission process.
The examination is usually conducted after the UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination) and is used to assess the academic ability of prospective students who have applied for admission into the institution. The scores obtained in the POSTUTME are often combined with the scores from the UTME and other admission criteria to determine the final admission list of the institution.
POSTUTME (Post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination) is an entrance examination conducted by universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education in Nigeria as part of their admission screening process.
It is usually conducted after candidates have taken the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) organized by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB). The purpose of POSTUTME is to screen candidates for admission and to determine if they meet the requirements for admission into the institution.
The POSTUTME exam usually consists of questions in subjects related to the course the candidate applied for, and the scores obtained in the exam are added to the scores obtained in the UTME to determine the candidate’s admission eligibility.
How Schools Conduct Post UTME For 2023 Admission Processing.
This blog post provides insights into how various educational institutions in Nigeria, including universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education, conduct their Post-UTME screening exercise for prospective students. It also offers useful tips on how to prepare for the exam. To learn more, keep reading attentively. Enjoy the read!
Post-UTME screening exercise for students in Nigeria is conducted by various educational institutions, including universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education. Here are the common ways schools conduct Post UTME for students:
- Online registration: Prospective students are required to register for the Post UTME exam online by providing personal information and paying the registration fee. This registration process is usually done on the school’s official website.
- Exam date and venue: After registration, students are notified of their exam date and venue. The exam is usually held on the school’s campus or at a designated location.
- Exam format: The Post UTME exam typically consists of questions in subjects related to the course the candidate applied for. The questions are multiple-choice, and the duration of the exam varies from one institution to another.
- Exam result: After the exam, the results are usually released within a few days or weeks, and candidates can check their scores online. The scores obtained in the Post UTME exam are then combined with the scores obtained in the UTME to determine the candidate’s eligibility for admission.
- Admission list: The final admission list is usually published by the school, and candidates who meet the admission requirements are offered admission.
In various fields and institutions, screening is a crucial process used to assess the abilities, competencies, and suitability of students. There are different types of screening methods that are utilized, depending on the nature of the role and the resources available. This list highlights four different types of screening methods:
- Test Screening
- Physical Screening
- Online Screening
- Oral Screening
There are two types of tests that universities and polytechnics may use: the Paper Pen Test (PPT) or the Computer Based Test (CBT). However, PPT is now outdated and most schools prefer to use CBT. After the UTM Exam, most schools conduct a CBT for their post-UTME exams, rather than a PPT. Although this may seem daunting, the format is similar to the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) exam. Therefore, there is no need to be afraid.
The process for conducting Post-UTME physical screening may vary depending on the institution. However, the general steps involved in the process are as follows
- Notification: The institution will notify candidates of the screening date and venue through the official website, email, or text message.
- Verification of Documents: On the day of the screening, candidates will be required to present their Post-UTME registration slip, JAMB result slip, and other relevant documents for verification.
- Biometric Verification: Candidates will be required to undergo biometric verification to confirm their identities and prevent impersonation.
- Screening Exercise: Candidates will undergo physical screening exercises, which may include medical examinations, aptitude tests, and interviews, depending on the institution’s requirements.
- Result and Admission: After the screening exercise, the institution will release the screening results, and successful candidates will be offered admission based on their performance and the institution’s admission criteria.
Requirements for Screening
- Original JAMB Result
- O’level Certificate or result in printout with their respective Scratch card
- Online Post UTME Registration Printout
- Screening Schedule Printout
- Birth Certificate
- Local Government of Origin Certificate
- JAMB Direct Entry registration slip for DE student
- JAMB UTME registration slip for UTME student
- Registration: Candidates are required to register for the screening exercise on the institution’s website by filling out an application form with their personal and academic details.
- Payment: After registration, candidates are usually required to pay a screening fee before they can proceed with the screening exercise. Payment can be made online using a debit card or other available payment options.
- Uploading of Documents: Candidates are required to upload scanned copies of their O’level result(s), JAMB result slip, birth certificate, and any other required documents.
- Taking of Screening Test: The institution may require candidates to take an online test that will assess their knowledge and suitability for the course they applied for. The test could be a Computer-Based Test (CBT) or a written test.
- Screening Interview: Some institutions may also require candidates to participate in an online screening interview. The interview could be conducted via video conferencing or chat platforms.
- Checking of Results: After the screening exercise, candidates can check their screening results on the institution’s website. Successful candidates will be notified through their email addresses and phone numbers provided during registration.
Although not prevalent, this type of screening is still utilized, especially for Direct Entry students. It functions like an interview, where you will be verbally queried and expected to answer.
Regardless of the method adopted by your preferred institution for post-UTME screening, maintain your focus and determination as these are the only attributes that will help you overcome this stage.
List of Schools Whose Post UTME Past Questions and Answers Uploaded.
|Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi (ATBU)||Yes|
|Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (ABU)||Yes|
|Bayero University, Kano (BUK)||Yes|
|Federal University Gashua, Yobe (FUGASHUA)||Yes|
|Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)||Yes|
|Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA)||Yes|
|Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUTMINNA)||Yes|
|Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO)||Yes|
|Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State (FUD)||Yes|
|Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina (FUDMA)||Yes|
|Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State (FUKASHERE)||Yes|
|Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State (FULAFIA)||Yes|
|Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State (FULOKOJA)||Yes|
|Federal University, Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI)||Yes|
|Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa (FUOTUOKE)||Yes|
|Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State (FUOYE)||Yes|
|Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State (FUW)||Yes|
|Federal University, Birnin Kebbi (FUBK)||Yes|
|Federal University, Gusau Zamfara (FUGUSAU)||Yes|
|Michael Okpara University of Agricultural Umudike (MOUAU)||Yes|
|Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTECH)||Yes|
|Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)||Yes|
|Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile-Ife (OAU)||Yes|
|University of Abuja, Gwagwalada (UNIABUJA)||Yes|
|Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAA)||Yes|
|University of Agriculture, Makurdi (UAM)||Yes|
|University of Benin (UNIBEN)||Yes|
|University of Calabar (UNICAL)||Yes|
|University of Ibadan (UI)||Yes|
|University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)||Yes|
|University of Jos (UNIJOS)||Yes|
|University of Lagos (UNILAG)||Yes|
|University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)||Yes|
|University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)||Yes|
|University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)||Yes|
|University of Uyo (UNIUYO)||Yes|
|Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)||Yes|
|Abia State University, Uturu (ABSU)||Yes|
|Adamawa State University Mubi||Yes|
|Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba (AAUA)||Yes|
Leave a Comment