Welcome to the world of Nigerian education! If you are a student planning to enroll in a tertiary institution in Nigeria, you must be familiar with JAMB e-PIN.
JAMB e-PIN: this is an electronic personal identification number that is required for you to register for the JAMB UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination) in Nigeria. T
The JAMB e-PIN is used to access the JAMB registration portal and register for the UTME. It is important to know the price of the e-PIN, as well as the closing date for the purchase of the e-PIN. I
n this guide, we will provide you with all the necessary information on JAMB e-PIN, its price, and the closing date for purchase, for the 2023/2024 admission year.
The Joint Admission Matriculation Board, also known as JAMB, has already commenced the sale of pins for the 2022/2023 UTME registration, which will continue for a specified period.
In this article, we will be discussing the closing date for the JAMB pin vending and other changes related to the registration process. Unlike the previous method of purchasing scratch cards from banks and completing registration at cybercafés, applicants can now conveniently buy pins online through JAMB pin vending to complete their registration process. Read on for more details.
JAMB Pin Vending
JAMB Pin Vending is the process of purchasing an electronic Personal Identification Number (e-PIN) through designated channels for the purpose of JAMB registration. The following steps outline the process:
- Visit a bank, accredited JAMB registration center, or certified online payment platform.
- Request to purchase a JAMB e-PIN for registration.
- Provide your JAMB profile code, phone number, and payment.
- Once payment is confirmed, the JAMB e-PIN will be generated and sent to your phone number or email address.
- Use the e-PIN to complete your JAMB registration on the JAMB website.
It is important to note that the cost of the JAMB e-PIN varies depending on the channel through which it is purchased. Also, the e-PIN is valid for the current JAMB registration exercise and cannot be used in subsequent years.
Jamb Profile Code
The JAMB profile code is a unique code that identifies each candidate who wishes to register for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) in Nigeria. The profile code is a ten-digit number that is generated when a candidate sends his or her National Identification Number (NIN) via text message to 55019 or 66019 using their mobile phone number.
Once the profile code is generated, the candidate can proceed to purchase the JAMB e-PIN, which is required to complete the registration process. The JAMB profile code is also used for other JAMB services, such as checking admission status, printing of result slips, and changing of courses or institutions. It is important to note that the JAMB profile code is different from the JAMB e-PIN, which is the actual payment voucher for the UTME registration.
Your JAMB profile code, which was sent to your phone number or email address, is the key information required to complete your registration on the JAMB website.
How To Buy JAMB Pin Using Different Payment Options
Payment Via ATM
- Go to the nearest ATM machine and insert your ATM card.
- Input your Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Select the “Quickteller” or “Interswitch” option on the ATM screen.
- Choose “Pay Bills” or “Quickteller” from the options.
- Select “Others” from the list of payment categories.
- Enter the payment code for JAMB UTME or JAMB Direct Entry depending on the exam you are registering for. The payment code for JAMB UTME is “1061”, while that of JAMB Direct Entry is “1062”.
- Enter your JAMB registration number.
- Confirm your JAMB registration number.
- Input your phone number and select “Proceed”.
- Select your account type (Savings or Current account).
- Input the amount for the JAMB e-pin which is currently N3,500.
- Confirm the payment.
- Collect your ATM card and the printout of the transaction slip which contains your JAMB e-pin.
How To Buy JAMB Pin Via mobile money operators
- Locate a mobile money agent near you and ensure that the agent has enough balance to process the transaction.
- Inform the agent that you want to purchase JAMB Pin via mobile money.
- Provide the agent with your phone number and the amount you want to purchase.
- The agent will then initiate the transaction by sending a request to the mobile money operator.
- You will receive a confirmation message from your mobile money operator requesting your approval to complete the transaction.
- Input your PIN or any other required authentication details to authorize the transaction.
- Once the transaction is successful, you will receive a message from JAMB containing your e-PIN and confirmation order number.
- You can then proceed to register for the JAMB UTME exam on the JAMB portal using the e-PIN and confirmation order number.
How To Buy JAMB Pin Via Online Payment On Jamb Portal
- Visit the JAMB e-facility portal at www.jamb.gov.ng/eFacility.
- Click on the “Sales of Form” option.
- Select “UTME Examination” as your Examination Type.
- Choose your Payment Method (Interswitch or Remita).
- Provide the required information, which includes your personal details, profile code, and payment information.
- Confirm that all the information you provided is correct.
- Click on “Pay” to proceed to the payment gateway.
- Select your preferred payment option (Card, Bank Branch, or USSD).
- Enter your payment details and follow the prompts to complete the transaction.
- Once your payment is successful, your JAMB e-pin will be sent to your phone number and email address.
How To Recover Lost E-pin After Payment
Step 1: If you have paid for your JAMB ePINS but have not received them, visit a JAMB office or CBT center near you to file a formal complaint.
Step 2: Go to http://www.jamb.gov.ng/eFacility/CandPay/InitPay# and click on Retrieve PIN. Enter your JAMB code or REG number, and select Get PIN depending on whether you are a UTME candidate or a Direct Entry student.
Step 3: If you do not receive your ePIN or misplace it, send [UTMEPIN] or [DEPIN] to 55019 or 66019 for UTME or DE respectively, using your registered mobile number. Your retrieved e-pin will be sent to your registered mobile phone.
To print out your JAMB ePIN from the JAMB website, follow these steps:
Step 1: Visit http://www.jamb.gov.ng/eFacility/CandPay/InitPay#.
Step 2: Log in with your email and password that you used during your profile setup.
Step 3: Select the Sales of Form option on the left side of the portal.
Step 4: Enter your UTME Examination page to access the pin vending information and pin.
Step 5: Click the Print Receipt button to print out your ePIN.
Please note that it is not advisable to carry out these procedures using a mobile device as it may not be fully compatible. Use a computer or laptop instead to avoid any issues.
Important FAQ” S
What Is A JAMB ePin?
A JAMB ePin is a unique 10-digit or 6-digit code that is required for candidates to register for the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) in Nigeria. The ePin serves as an electronic alternative to the traditional scratch card that was previously used for JAMB registration. Candidates can purchase the ePin through online payment platforms, banks, and other accredited outlets. The ePin is required for the registration process, and without it, candidates cannot register for the UTME.
Is the JAMB ePin Different from From Jamb Profile Code?
Yes, the JAMB ePin is different from the JAMB profile code. The JAMB ePin is a unique 10-digit code that is generated by JAMB and used to register for the UTME examination.
On the other hand, the JAMB profile code is a unique code sent to a candidate's phone number when they create a profile on the JAMB portal. The profile code is required to complete the registration process and is also used for other JAMB services such as checking admission status and printing admission letters.
How Does a JAMB Pin Look Like?
A JAMB ePIN is a unique 10-digit code that is generated by JAMB for each candidate who wishes to register for the UTME. It is a form of an electronic voucher that serves as a means of payment for the UTME registration fee.
The JAMB ePIN is usually printed on a slip or sent via email to the candidate after payment has been made. The ePIN has a serial number and a PIN, which the candidate will be required to enter during the UTME registration process.
How Much Is JAMB e-pin In Bank?
The cost of acquiring the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board e-pin is 3500 nairas, and this can be done either at JAMB accredited centers or banks. However, some cyber cafes offer the service at a higher rate of 4500 nairas.
What is The Similarity between the Jamb ePin and Jamb Profile Code?
Once you’ve been able to carry out all instructions on generating your JAMB pin, you. Will receive a message to your sim containing a ten-digit number that looks like this e.g. 4857209334. That is your profile code as well. Furthermore, the text message will contain your full name, exactly the one you used when you registered your NIN.
Can I Use My Old Profile Code For JAMB and Beyond?
In the case where a candidate intends to reuse their previous phone number for JAMB registration, they must generate a new e-pin using their profile code. If the profile code is forgotten, the candidate can retrieve it by sending a message with the keyword RESEND to either 55019 or 66019. With the retrieved profile code, the candidate can use their old profile to register for a new JAMB examination. It is important to note that the candidate cannot change their name but can use their existing phone number and active email address.
How Long Does JAMB E-pin Last?
Your Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) enrollment E-pin will remain valid throughout the registration procedure. Contrary to popular belief, the E-pin does not expire or become invalid for registration if not used immediately after purchase or within a few days. When you purchase a JAMB E-pin through any of the designated channels, including online platforms like Remita and Quickteller, JAMB ensures that it remains functional for the entire registration period.
However, the E-pin becomes meaningless after the registration period elapses, and you cannot use it for subsequent JAMB registrations. It is important to note that the JAMB E-pin can only be used for the year it is purchased and cannot be carried over to the following year.
How Can I Get My JAMB Number Without E-pin and Serial Number?
If you don't have an e-pin and serial number, you can still obtain your JAMB registration number by accessing the JAMB portal at http://www.jamb.org.ng/umeregistration/index.aspx either by clicking on the link or copying and pasting the URL into your web browser.
Once you're on the portal, enter your JAMB username and password, click on the login button, and your registration number will be displayed on your homepage for you to copy.
Which Bank Can I Vend A JAMB Pin?
- CBT Centers
- JAMB State Offices.
- Nigerian Postal Agencies [NIPOST]
- First Bank
- Union Banks
- Polaris Banks
- Unity Bank
- Access Banks
Can I Buy a JAMB Pin Without Profile Code?
It is important for all applicants to create their profile code before visiting any CBT center. If you do not have a profile code, you can easily create one using the following method:
Send a text message containing your National Identification Number (NIN) to 55019 or 66019 using your mobile number. In the message, type “NIN” followed by your 11-digit NIN number, and send it to the aforementioned numbers.
After sending the message, you will receive your profile code, which you can then use to purchase a JAMB PIN and complete your registration process.
JAMB e-Pin Vending Closing Date 2023?
JAMB has made a significant change this year compared to previous years. In the past, e-PIN sales continued even after the registration had closed, but this year the sales would end on the same day as registration. This decision was made by JAMB due to the decrease in the number of e-PINs being provided and poor candidate response at registration centers across the country.
JAMB emphasized the importance of this change to ensure that candidates do not miss out on registration due to a shortage of e-PINs. Therefore, it is essential for candidates to take note of the e-pin generation deadline and purchase their e-PINs before the deadline to avoid any complications.
Leave a Comment