Greetings, Folks in this episode of “ Dailyfeed,” I will reveal JAMB Chemistry Past Question And Answers and address some common misunderstandings about the Jamb Exam. Stay tuned to learn more!
JAMB (Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board) is an important examination for students seeking admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria. One way to prepare adequately for the JAMB exam is by studying past questions and answers.
This helps candidates to understand the exam format, identify important topics, and also helps to build their confidence. With the advent of technology, JAMB’s past questions and answers are now available in PDF format for all subjects. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of studying JAMB past questions and answers, and how to access them for free in PDF format.
JAMB Chemistry Past Question And Answers can now be downloaded in PDF format without any charge. These past questions can be very helpful in improving your performance and score in the 2023 JAMB examination.
Instructions on how to access the past questions are provided below.
- Select your preferred subjects and begin the download process.
- The free JAMB past questions and answers can be found by scrolling down.
Reasons To Study JAMB Past Questions For the 2023 UTME
Studying JAMB past questions is an important part of preparing for the JAMB 2023 exams. Here are some of the reasons why studying past questions can be beneficial.
Familiarity with Exam Pattern: Studying past questions gives students an idea of the types of questions that will be asked in the exams, and the format and structure of the exams. This can help them become more familiar with the exam pattern and reduce anxiety and stress during the exams.
Identifying Areas of Strength and Weakness: By studying past questions, students can identify the areas where they are strong and the areas where they need more practice. This can help them focus their study efforts more effectively and improve their chances of exam success.
Improving Time Management: JAMB exams are timed, and studying past questions can help students learn how to manage their time effectively during exams. They can practice answering questions within a specific time frame, which can improve their speed and accuracy during the actual exams.
Boosting Confidence: Studying past questions and becoming familiar with the exam pattern and format can boost a student’s confidence, which can lead to better performance during the exams.
Acquiring Exam Strategies: Studying past questions can also help students learn effective exam strategies, such as how to eliminate incorrect answer choices, how to prioritize questions, and how to approach different types of questions.
Studying JAMB past questions can be an effective way to prepare for the JAMB 2023 exams. It can help students become more familiar with the exam pattern, identify their strengths and weaknesses, improve their time management skills, boost their confidence, and learn effective exam strategies.
JAMB Chemistry Past Question And Answers
Certainly, the JAMB past questions and answers are highly valuable as they give insight into the format of JAMB questions, which can occasionally be repeated. Excessive elaboration is unnecessary, as the material is comprehensible.
The intention behind producing this webpage is to provide assistance to all potential undergraduate students seeking complimentary JAMB past questions for both science and art subjects.
Note: If you are looking for the Compiled JAMB Chemistry Past Question And Answers, then you came to the right place. On this website, we have provided Jamb JAMB Past Questions & Answers For All Subjects in PDF Format, and We charge a little token of 1500 Naira for each Subject you paid. We will send the PDF File to you once we have confirmed your payment & Subscription. Kindly Slide in Now to contact Our admin to get on with your Subscription and get the Jamb 2023 UTME Past Question And Answers. Good luck with your Exams.
How To Make Payment
Make payment by either visiting the nearest point of sale (POS), using direct transfer methods such as mobile or USSD transfers, or by using your mobile bank app, direct bank deposit, or ATM card. Regardless of which payment method you choose, please ensure that you make payment into the following account details >>> We will provide them soon
Dear students, we want to inform you that our preferred bank for payment purposes is Opay.
Upon completing your payment, kindly send us a text message of your proof of payment or a screenshot of the proof of payment along with the following details…………….. Alternatively, if you are using WhatsApp, you can send us the required details by simply clicking on the WhatsApp button provided.
Jamb Chemistry Practice Question (Expo)
Note: The questions below are strictly for practice.
1. What is the shape of a molecule of CCl4?
C. Trigonal planar
ANSWER: B (Tetrahedral)
2. A sample of gas with an initial volume of 2.5 dm3 is heated and then allowed to expand to 7.5 dm3 at constant at pressure. What is the ratio of the final temperature of the initial absolute temperature?
ANSWER: A (3:1)
3. 6g of Mg was to 100cm3 of 1 moldm3 H2 SO4 . What mass of Mg remained undissolved? (Mg = 24)
ANSWER: C (3.6)
4. Which of the following will act as both oxidizing agents and reducing agents?
A. H2 S
ANSWER: D ( SO2 )
5. A metal which can be used as sacrificial anode for preventing corrosion of length of iron pipe is
ANSWER: C (Silver)
6. Which of the following increases as boiling water changes to steam?
A. Temperature of the system
B. degree of disorder of the system
C. number of molecule
D. Activation energy
ANSWER: B (Degree of disorder of the system)
7. Which of the following is stable to heat
B. ( NH4 )2 SO4
C. Ag NH3
D. K2 CO3
ANSWER: D ( K2 CO3 )
8. Which of the following will precipitate in dil. HCl
B. Na2 S
C. Fe S
ANSWER: D ( CuS )
9. Which of the following does NOT contain aluminum as a component?
A. Over-head cables
C. Container for caustic soda
D. Container for trioxonitrate (v) acid
ANSWER: C (Container for caustic soda)
10. The removal of rust from iron by treatment with tetraoxosulphate (vi) acid is based on the
A. Hydrolysis of the iron
B. Reaction of acid with base
C. Oxidation of the rust
D. Dehydration of the iron
ANSWER: D ( Dehydration of the iron )
11. Which of the following constitutes a mixture? I. Petroleum II. Rubber latex III. Vulcanizer’s solution IV. Carbon (iv) sulphide
A. I, II and III
B. I, II and IV
C. I and II only
D. I and IV
ANSWER: A ( I, II and III)
12. 30 cm3 of oxygen at 10 atmosphere pressure is placed in a 20 dm3 container. Calculate the new pressure if the temperature is kept constant.
A. 6.7 atm
B. 15.0 atm
C. 6.0 atm
D. 66.0 atm
ANSWER: A ( 15.0 atm)
13. A sample of gas exerts a pressure of 8.2 atm when confined in a 2.93 dm3 container at 20c. The number of moles of gas in the sample is
A. 1. 00
ANSWER: A ( 1.00)
14. A quantity of air passed through a weighted amount of alkaline pyrogallol. An increase in the weight of the pyrogallol would result from the absorption of
ANSWER: D ( Oxygen)
15. There is a large temperature interval between the melting point and the boiling point of metal because:
A. metals have a very high melting point
B. metals conduct heat very rapidly
C. melting does not break the metallic bond but boiling does
D. the crystal lattice of metal is easily broken
ANSWER: A ( metals have very high melting point)
16. Copper (II) tetraoxosulphate (IV) is widely used as
ANSWER: B ( fungicide)
17. Which of the following substances is not a homogeneous mixture?
A. filtered sea water
B. soft drinks
C. flood water
D. writing ink
ANSWER: C ( floodwater)
18. Ethene, when passed into concentrated H2SO4, is rapidly absorbed. The product is diluted with water and then warmed to produce
B. diethyl ether
D. diethyl sulphate
ANSWER: A ( Ethanol)
19. A certain liquid has a high boiling point. It is viscous, non-toxic, and miscible with water to be hygroscopic; this liquid most likely to be
ANSWER: D (CH3OHCHOH2OH)
Continue Reading Jamb Chemistry Questions and Answers
20. Which of the following statement is TRUE of the complete hydrolysis of a glyceride by sodium hydroxide?
A. 3 moles of NaOH are required for each mole of glyceride
B. 3 moles of glycerol are produced
C. only one mole of soap is formed
D. concentrated H2SO4 is essential for the completion of the reaction.
ANSWER: A (3 moles of NaOH are required for each mole of glyceride)
21. A piece of radioactive element has initially 8.0×10^22 atoms. The half life of two days after 16 days the number of atom is
ANSWER: B (5×10^21)
22. Chlorine is a common bleaching agent. This is not true with
A. wet litmus paper
B. printers ink
C. wet pawpaw leaf
D. most wet fabric dyes
ANSWER: B (printers ink)
23. Calcium forms complexes with ammonia because
A. it is a transition metal
B. it is an s-block element
C. it has empty d-orbital
D. it forms colourless compounds
ANSWER: C (it has empty d-orbital)
24. The IUPAC name for CICH2-CH2-CH2-OH is
C. 1 cholorpropano
ANSWER: B (3-choropropan-1-ol)
25. An organic compound decolourized acidified KMnO4 solution but failed to react with ammonical AgNO3 solution. The organic compound is likely?
A. a carboxylic acid
ANSWER: D (Alkyne)
26. A certain volume of gas at 298k is heated such that its volume and pressure are now four times the original values. What is the new temperature?
ANSWER: D (4768.0K)
27. The boiling point of water, ethanol, toulene and butan-2-ol are 373.0k, 351.3k, 383.6k and 372.5k respectively, which liquid has the highest vapour pressure at 323.0k
ANSWER: C (ethanol)
28. The function of sulphur during the vulcanization of rubber is to
A. act as a catalyst for the polymerization of rubber molecules
B. convert rubber from thermosetting to thermoplastic polymer
C. form chains which bind rubber molecules together
D. break down rubber polymer molecules
ANSWER: C (form chains which bind molecules together)
29. Complete dehydrogenation of ethyne yields
ANSWER: D (propane)
30. Mixing aqueos solution of barium hydroxide and sodium tetraoxocarbonate (iv) yields a white precipitate of
A. Barium oxide
B. Sodium tetraoxocarbonate
C. Sodium hydroxide
D. Barium tetraoxocarbonate
ANSWER: D (Barium tetraoxocarbonate)
31. Which of the following conducts electricity?
D. Red phosphorous
ANSWER: B (graphite)
32. Which of the following compound is NOT the correct formed compound when the parent metal is heated in air?
A. Calcium oxide
B. Sodium oxide ( Na2O )
C. Copper (II) oxide (CuO)
D. tri-iron tetraoxide (Fe2O)
ANSWER: D (tri-iron tetraoxide (Fe2O))
33. When marble is heated to 1473K, another whiter solid is obtained which reacts vigoriously with water to give an alkaline solution. The solution contains
ANSWER: D ( Ca(OH)2 )
34. Which of the following roles does sodium chloride play in preparation? It
A. reacts with glycerol
B. purifies the soap, accelerates the decomposition of fat and oil
C. separates soap from glycerol
D. converts the fat acid to its sodium salt
ANSWER: C ( separates soap from glycerol )
35. Which of the following is used as a moderator to control nuclear fission?
B. Heavy water
ANSWER: B ( heavy water)
36. One of the active components of baking powder is
ANSWER: B ( NaHCO3 )
37. H2SO4 is used to remove rust on the surface of iron (picking) before electroplating. The type of reaction involved is
A. redox reaction
C. Double decomposition
ANSWER: A ( redox reaction)
38. Silver chloride turns gray when exposed to sunlight because
A. the silver ion is reduced to silver
B. the silver io is oxidized to silver
C. silver is a transition metal
D. the silver chloride forms complexes in the sun
ANSWER: C ( silver is a transition metal)
39. which of these compounds exhibits resonance
ANSWER: A ( Benzene)
40. The oxidation number of oxygen in BaO2 is
Leave a Comment