The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) is a mandatory program for all Nigerian graduates who have completed their tertiary education. It provides an opportunity for graduates to serve their country in various capacities and also gain valuable skills and experiences. One of the crucial steps in the NYSC process is the printing of the call-up letter. This letter contains important information such as the state of deployment, orientation camp venue, and date of deployment.
As the 2023 Batch ‘A’ Stream I NYSC orientation camp draws closer, it is important for prospective corps members to know how to print their call-up letters. This guide aims to provide a step-by-step approach to ensure that all prospective corps members can access and print their call-up letters with ease. So if you are a prospective corps member for the 2023 Batch ‘A’ Stream I and are yet to know how to print your call-up letter, this guide is for you.
CHECK OUT: UDUSOK Admission List for 2023/2024
How to Print NYSC Call-Up Letters
Printing the NYSC call-up letter for 2023 Batch ‘A’ Stream I is a simple process that can be done online via the NYSC portal. Here are the steps to follow:
- Visit the NYSC portal: Go to the official NYSC website at www.nysc.gov.ng and click on the “Print Call-Up Letter” button on the homepage.
- Log in: Enter your registered email address and password in the fields provided, then click on “Login”. If you have forgotten your password, click on “Forgot Password” to reset it.
- Make Payment: After login, click on “Make Payment” to proceed. You will be required to pay a fee of N2,000 using your ATM card or through online banking.
- Print Call-Up Letter: After making the payment, you can proceed to print your call-up letter by clicking on the “Print Call-Up Letter” button. Your call-up letter will be displayed on the screen, and you can print it by clicking on the “Print” button.
- Collecting Hard Copy: If you are unable to print your call-up letter online, you can visit the NYSC Secretariat in your state of registration to collect a hard copy.
Note: Prospective corps members are advised to check their dashboard frequently for updates and important information. It is also important to make necessary preparations and arrangements before the orientation camp starts.
In conclusion, printing the NYSC call-up letter is a crucial step for all prospective corps members, and it is important to follow the above steps to avoid any delay or issues during the orientation exercise.
Please take note of the following important information before the commencement of the NYSC orientation exercise:
- Failure to report for service or refusal to make oneself available as directed in the Call-up Letter will result in prosecution in accordance with Section 13 sub-section 1(a) and (b) of the NYSC Act, Cap. N84, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004. Also, those who are ineligible or have been issued with a Certificate of National Service or Certificate of Exemption but still participate or attempt to participate will be prosecuted under Section 13 sub-section 2(a) and (b) of the same Act.
- Nigerian graduates should come to camp with their Degree/HND certificates or Statement of Results and Personal Identity Card from their Institution of graduation.
- Foreign graduates should ensure that they have original copies of all their uploaded credentials and travel documents, including a valid International passport. They should also have their academic papers in languages other than English translated into English, and both versions must be presented for verification at the camp.
- Medical/veterinary Doctors, Dentists, Pharmacists, Optometrists, Physiotherapists, Nurses, and Public Environmental Health graduates are required to bring their professional licenses or certificates of full registration issued by their professional bodies.
It is essential to take note of the above information and make all necessary preparations and arrangements before the orientation exercise starts.