Are you planning to register for the 2023 UTME JAMB exam? If so, it’s important to understand the process of creating your JAMB profile. The JAMB profile is a crucial step in the registration process as it serves as your unique identifier for all JAMB-related activities. In this guide, we will outline the steps you need to follow To Create JAMB Profile Code 2023 with 55019 0r 66019 Now USSD & SMS
How to Create JAMB Profile Code 2023 with 55019 0r 66019 Now USSD & SMS
The process for creating a JAMB profile code has been updated for 2023 and now includes the use of USSD codes in addition to SMS. Here are the steps to create a JAMB profile code in 2023
- Ensure that you have your National Identification Number (NIN) handy. If you do not have a NIN, you will need to enroll for one with the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC).
- Open the messaging app on your phone and create a new SMS message. Type your NIN (without spaces) in the message body.
- Send the SMS to either 55019 or 66019 (depending on your mobile network provider). Note that the cost of the SMS is N50.
- Wait for a response message from JAMB. The message should contain your JAMB profile code. This process may take a few minutes.
- Alternatively, you can create your JAMB profile code using USSD codes. Simply dial 550191NIN# or 660191NIN# from your mobile phone and wait for a response message with your JAMB profile code.
- Once you have received your JAMB profile code, keep it safe as you will need it for your UTME registration.
- If you encounter any issues while creating your profile code, you can contact JAMB’s support center via their website or any of their authorized centers for assistance.
- That’s it! With your JAMB profile code, you can proceed with the registration for the UTME.
JAMB has implemented various measures to address challenges faced by candidates during registration for the UTME, one of which is the introduction of a new USSD code. The board has also expressed satisfaction with its effective collaboration with the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) regarding the registration process, thus alleviating any concerns.