During the UTME registration process, candidates are required to select their preferred subjects for the exam. However, some candidates may wish to change their subject choices for various reasons, such as a change in their preferred course of study. In this context, the topic of “How To Change JAMB Subject 2023” becomes relevant as it addresses the steps that candidates can take to modify their JAMB subject selections for the 2023 UTME.
Hello Folks! If you’re someone who is desperately in need of effective procedures to correct a mistake made in your JAMB subject combination, then today is your lucky day.
Reasons To Change JAMB Subject 2023
There can be several reasons why a candidate may want to change their JAMB subject selection for the 2023 UTME. Some of the common reasons include:
Error in subject selection
A candidate may have made an error in selecting their subjects during the UTME registration process, such as selecting a subject they are not proficient in or selecting a subject that is not required for their course of study.
New interest or skill
A candidate may have developed an interest in a particular subject or discovered a skill that they feel would be beneficial to their course of study, and thus, may want to add that subject to their selection.
Competition and cutoff marks
In some cases, the competition for admission into a particular course may be high, and the cutoff marks may be set based on the performance of candidates in specific subjects. In such cases, a candidate may want to change their subject selection to improve their chances of meeting the cutoff mark.
It is important for candidates to ensure that they follow the proper procedures for changing their JAMB subject selection and that they make the necessary changes before the deadline set by JAMB.
READ ALSO: Jamb Registration Form, Fee Starting & Closing Date 2023/2024
How To Change JAMB Subject 2023
The process of modifying your JAMB subject selection for the 2023 UTME is commonly referred to as “changing JAMB subjects”. This involves updating your initial subject selection with a new set of subjects. In this topic, we will discuss the steps required to change JAMB subjects for the 2023 UTME.
Apply For Jamb Change Of Course
To apply for a change of course in JAMB, you need to follow the proper procedures outlined by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
How To Apply For JAMB Change of Course?
- Visit the JAMB portal: Go to the JAMB e-facility portal (https://www.jamb.gov.ng/Efacility) and log in to your JAMB profile.
- Select the change of course option: Once you’re logged in, click on the “Correction of Data” option and select “Change of Course/Institution.”
- Review the information: Before you proceed, make sure to review the information displayed on the screen to ensure that it is accurate.
- Generate payment invoice: Next, you will be required to generate a payment invoice for the change of course. The cost of the service is usually indicated on the invoice.
- Make payment: Once you have generated the payment invoice, proceed to make the required payment. You can pay online or through any of the available payment platforms.
- Provide new course information: After payment has been confirmed, you will be required to provide the new course details that you wish to change to. This includes the name of the institution and the course of study.
- Submit the request: Once you have provided the required information, submit your request and wait for JAMB to process your application.
It is important to note that the process for applying for a change, of course, may vary slightly depending on the current policies and procedures of JAMB. It is advisable to check the JAMB website for the most current information on the process.
Information To Provide for JAMB change of Institution and Course.
When applying for a change of institution and course in JAMB, you will be required to provide certain information. Here are the details you need to provide:
- The name of the institution you want to change to
- The new course of study that you wish to pursue
- Your JAMB registration number
- Evidence of payment for the JAMB change of institution and course service
It is important to ensure that the information you provide is accurate, as any errors may result in your application being rejected. Also, make sure to follow the correct procedures for applying for a change of institution and course in JAMB.
Selecting the right JAMB subject combination is crucial to gaining admission into a tertiary institution. Each course of study has specific subject requirements that candidates must meet in order to be considered for admission. If you choose the wrong combination of subjects, your chances of being admitted into that course may be significantly reduced, or even eliminated.
It is important to carefully review the JAMB brochure and admission requirements for your desired course of study before registering for JAMB, to ensure that you have the correct subject combination. If you discover that you have selected the wrong subject combination after registration, you may need to apply for a change of course or institution after the examination. However, this is subject to the availability of spaces and meeting the admission requirements of the desired institution.
Leave a Comment